Clinical Research Resources Spotlight - Tulane LA CaTS Clinical Translational Unit
The Tulane LA CaTS Clinical Translational Unit (CTU) provides a broad range of services to offer complete clinical trial coordination and to assist in the initiation and conducting of clinical and translational research. The CTU is staffed by a highly-trained clinical research team who will assist investigators in all stages of the clinical and translational research process, from protocol development and review, regulatory compliance, and budgetary assistance to recruitment, nursing services, study coordination, and closeout. The CTU will serve as a point of contact for sponsors as well as investigators, and enhance and facilitate high-quality clinical and translational studies with a specific emphasis on recruitment of underserved populations. A description of the range of services provided by the Clinical Trials Unit is provided below.
- Free services to current LA CaTS Roadmap Scholars and Pilot Awardees!
- Attractive, well-equipped clinic space available for many types of clinical research visits, including minor invasive procedures, with 3 private rooms and 4 semi-private rooms for adult and pediatric research visits and a waiting room with two televisions which show customized health programs for our population;
- A laboratory with two blood drawing chairs, two centrifuges, a refrigerated microcentrifuge, a minus 20 freezer, two minus 80 freezers, and a regular refrigerator with freezer, which allow for real time specimen preparation and processing, storage, and shipping of study-related biological specimens;
- Capabilities to conduct bone density and body composition analysis via DXA Lunar Prodigy Advance;
- Highly-skilled nurses and coordinators available to assist the investigator in recruiting patients, reviewing patient eligibility, educating patients about clinical trial requirements as well as routine health education as required for many studies, and conducting clinical assessment and follow-up;
- Nursing services available for blood draws, ECGs, injections, infusions, etc.;
- Assistance in preparing laboratory specimens for shipment to central laboratories with IATA-certified technicians;
- Research study budget experts available to design and manage research budgets; and
- Regulatory specialists to prepare IRB submissions and related paperwork
For more information, please contact Rachel Cruthirds at 504-988-9038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.